30 July 2019

Northumberland Artist paints North East Pictures



Northumberland artist paints North East Pictures


Thank you for following my work! Northumberland is of great inspiration to my paintings.  I spend much of my time exploring the Northumberland coastline. 



Bamburgh Castle, Northumberland, Castle Historic England, North East Coast, North East picture, Northumberland Coast, Beach Scene, Coastal paintings, Seascape


Bamburgh Castle and Bamburgh Beach are particularly splendid early summer when the poppies are in full bloom.



Craster, Craster Harbour, Harbour painting, Northumberland Picture, Fishing Village, North East Coast, Coastal art, paintings of Northumberland



Craster is another personal favourite, with views of the harbour, fishing boats and Dunstanburgh Castle in the distance. 

Alnmouth, Northumberland, Colourful houses, coastal painting, northumberland picture, northeast art


Let us not forget Alnmouth nestled in Northumberland a stones throw from the market town of Alnwick. Lovaine Terrace is such a colourful street it was just asking to be painted! It make a perfect Northumberland picture.




Newton by the Sea, Northumberland Beach , northumberland picture, north east art,  northumberland painting, northumberlandartist, national trust,





Low Newton by the Sea. I can recommend the walk from Craster to Low Newton, taking in Dunstanburgh Castle.


Northumberland picture, northumberland painting, north east artist, northumberland artist, river tweed, colourful art, contemporary painting







I feel so privileged to have such a fantastic landscape as Northumberland as my inspiration and feel lucky to have grown up in a rural area just outside Berwick upon Tweed. 




Berwick upon Tweed has a lot of charm and history that makes it a great subject to paint. Situated at the mouth of the river Tweed and famous for its three bridges the historic town is awash with interesting features. 





If you are visiting the area you can see my work in the Dockside Gallery in Tweedmouth.




Spittal, Seahouses, Lindisfarne and Druridge Bay are next on my list of places to paint. Northumberland never fails to deliver on subject matter. 



This summer I am hoping to squeeze in one more camping holiday with my family and a few more coastal walks to get my creative juices flowing. 



My sketchbook will be at hand to capture all of my latest ideas! 




If you would like to see more of my work please visit my website at www.joannewishart.co.uk or join my mailing list to be the first to hear about my latest paintings and upcoming exhibitions.