17 September 2018

Staithes Festival of Arts & Heritage


Early September brings about one of my favourite Arts Festivals of the year. Set in the beautiful fishing village of Staithes in North Yorkshire, the village hosts a weekend art trail intertwined with heritage talks, entertainment, music, light shows and public art.

For the duration of the festival I get hosted in York House by the very kind owners and my work contributes as one of the venues on the art trail around the village. This amazing property has stunning views of the harbour below and has all the charm and character that you would expect from a coastal property. Perfect for a coastal artist like myself!
This year the festival attracted over six thousand visitors. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet the public and talk about my work. Many come back year after year to see my deckchair artworks! So many more visitors bought cards from me this year, many referencing the "Just a Card" campaign. So thanks for all of your support. All the little purchases do add up and enable me to continue my practice as an artist.   

One of the best parts of staying in the village for the festival is getting to see the evening sunsets, and this year did not disappoint. You may see a few new sunset paintings coming soon. 

Finishing up with this polar bear image by sculptor Emma Stothard  It is an amazing piece of work set in prime position on the harbour wall looking out to sea.  

If you didn't make it this year next years event is on the 8th & 9th September, book early if you are staying over as accommodation books up fast!